Facebook going public, that should be interesting given their ever changing moods on privacy. The new transparency? Fastcompany has done a nice recap on some of their staggering stats:
- 610,736,920 member profiles. That’s one for every ELEVEN people on the planet.
- EVERY 60 seconds on Facebook, users send 230,000 messages, update 95,000 statuses, write 80,000 wall posts, tag 65,000 photos, share 50,000 links
- Each month, the average user creates 90 pieces of content and spends 6 hours, 2 minutes, and 59 seconds on the site
- Analysts estimate that Facebook pulled in $1.86 BILLION in advertising in 2010. That’s expected to grow 118% this year, to $4 billion
- AMERICANS make up 24% of users, followed by Indonesians (6%), Brits (5%), and Turks (4%)
- Brands with the MOST fans on Facebook: Coca-Cola (21.6 million), Starbucks (19 million), Oreo (16.2 million), Disney (15.6 million), and Red Bull (14.7 million).