WelcomeHello, I'm Nora Rothrock. I am curious. I like great stories. I love innovation and game changers. This blog is a journal of the cool things I come across or inspiring ideas and commentary I find. I hope you'll add yours to this conversation.
- Get Ready for Web Summit 2016
- Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto: Artificial Intelligence and the Future of Musical Composition
- Digital Transformation Reflections, Part II: Innovation and Disruption
- Digital Transformation Reflections, Part I: Tech Game Changers
- Baftas and Oscars: A Long Tradition of Trend Upsets
- RT @Harlequins: Thank you and good night! https://t.co/SOUL3q1ug0 5 hours ago
- RT @BAFTA: We're saddened to learn that BAFTA-nominated director Jonathan Demme has passed away variety.com/2017/film/news… 2 days ago
- RT @Techmeme: Report: digital ad revenue grew 22% YoY to $72.5B in 2016, surpassing TV for the first time adage.com/article/digita… https://t… 2 days ago
- RT @BluSkyTaxJon: Arriving at Newcastle Startup Week (15-19 May 2017) newcastlestartupweek.com/2017/04/20/arr… via @wordpressdotcom 2 days ago
- RT @BenjiKRogers: Cost of entry to streaming market is stifling innovation, says digital consultant | Complete Music Update https://t.co/bR… 2 days ago
Category Archives: Social Media
While reviewing films for the Baftas last year, I had the pleasure of enjoying Michael Fassbender’s very powerful and utterly compelling performance as the namesake character in “Steve Jobs.” As I watched, I became acutely aware of Steve Jobs’ presence … Continue reading →
There hasn’t been a game changing revolution for unsigned artists since the start of the recording industry. That has to change and here’s why.
Big data. The digital age. Our digital footprints. This post is an update to what I wrote last September about the IRS using data mining to find non compliant taxpayers, particularly those offshore.
I’ve had a couple of weeks to try out the new Facebook features and it’s truly Game On for the evolution of social media platforms. They have made the types of changes that were needed to move the platform forward … Continue reading →
I was at the Medialeaders event last night in London and met the Creative Director from Mavo Studio who is also a musician. Inevitably it comes up in the conversation – what does it take for a band to make … Continue reading →
Everyone seems to have picked up on the story last week that the number of Facebook users has declined in the USA, Canada and the UK during the last couple of months. Almost every commentator suggested it was Facebook fatigue, … Continue reading →